When looking for social media platforms to market products and services, companies’ first priority is Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, or LinkedIn. Most businesses are oblivious to Pinterest’s prowess as a marketing platform.
In fact, Pinterest has the second biggest share in driving organic traffic. The increase in Pinterest traffic has led to a 300% of increase in weekly conversions. It has also been noted that around 60% of Pinterest traffic consists of women.
With more than 470 million daily active users, Pinterest continues to grow as one of the most social media networks.
While we are at it, we would like to clear a misconception whereby people assume that Pinterest is a ‘feminine’ site, showcasing DIYs, arts and crafts, quotes, etc. Pinterest, however, is so much more.
Whether you are thinking of starting your own business or are looking for marketing platforms to promote your existing business, Pinterest should be one of your first choices.
We have pretty much proved our point with the statistics mentioned above. But if you are still not convinced, have a look at the following pointers:
- Pinterest Is a Search Engine: Pinterest is more of a search engine than a social media site. With over 2 billion searches every month, Pinterest is comparable to Yahoo, Bing, and Google. The content you hare will stay on the site for a long time rather than disappearing after a few weeks or months.
- Pinterest Algorithm: Pinterest’s algorithm is different from Google, which means ranking is much easier and faster.
- Pinterest Audience: Advertisers can reach more than 200 million users on the platform to market their products and services.
- High-income Users: Most of the users come from high-income households. 40% of Pinterest users in the United States have an income of $75,000.
- Sharing Site: Pinterest is essentially a sharing site, users can either like a pin or repin it. The images are not shared among the Pinterest community but are also shared on other social media platforms.
All of the above-mentioned points should be enough to compel you to market your business on the platform.
Now, on to the bigger questions,
- How can you direct Pinterest traffic?
- How does Pinterest optimization work?
- How can you get more traffic from Pinterest?
Do not fret about finding the answers to these questions because we have already researched and identified 9 ways generate more Pinterest traffic on your account. Let’s take a look at these strategies right away!
9 Ways You Can Drive More Traffic to Pinterest
Following are the 9 strategies that might help you expand your business on Pinterest:
1. Research Pinterest Keywords
Keyword research implies the hunt for popular words on the site and organically incorporating these words in your content to rank your site higher in the search engine.
Here are some ways you can find Pinterest keywords:
- Search Bar: When you start typing your search term in the search bar, you will see a list of relevant terms in the drop-down below. All the words in the drop-down are popular search terms.
- Explore your niche: You can also explore your niche to identify popular topics or words.
- Ads: use can also use keywords suggested by Pinterest when you create an ad campaign. Don’t worry, you can use the option for finding keywords only, without actually having to start an ad campaign.
Now that you have, more or less, a list of keywords, you have to incorporate these keywords in your content to make sure your brand ranks higher on Pinterest searches.
Besides adding these words in the titles of your pins, you can incorporate these into boards’ titles, descriptions, text in the image, and hashtags as well. This will not only increase your visibility but will also make your account more organized and cleaner.
Furthermore, these keywords will also help you rank on Google search images.
All in all, Google or Pinterest, keywords are not going anywhere anytime soon so, you better jump on the bandwagon and make as much out of them as you can.
2. Use Rich Pins
Rich pins are synced with your site. So, whenever you update or change any information on your site, it automatically gets updated on the pin too.
In such a way, your pins are always up to date. Rich Pins are an important part of the business since they ensure that users do not find any discrepancies in the information listed in the pin and on the original site.
3. Make Viewers Curious
Arousing curiosity in the viewers is probably the easiest and most popular marketing technique. The technique works for ads, blogs, and almost everything else in the marketing realm.
You can use the same strategy on Pinterest to attract customers to your site. To do so, your pin should have an intriguing title coupled with an even more captivating image. Something that your audience cannot overlook.
4. Pinterest Optimization
Search engine optimization is not a new concept, the same ideas work when it comes to Pinterest optimization.
You can follow the following points to optimize your pins:
- Use keyword optimization
- Insert keywords related to your brand in your bio and profile, description, title, etc.
- Add high-quality images with relevant keyword
Pinterest optimization will help you rank higher on Pinterest, as well as other search engines so, make sure you use this opportunity and make the most of it.
5. Make Your Pins Noteworthy
When you first explore the site, you will notice a lot of bright and colorful images, and you might think that this is what will make your brand stand out.
While this might work for some brands, it might not do so for yours. The target is not to make bright, colorful pins but to create pins that catch the eye of the viewer.
To make sure that your pins radiate a unique aura:
- Take a look at the pins of similar businesses and think of something new.
- Make sure that all the images you use are of high quality.
- The content should be attractive enough to lure the customer to your original site.
These, along with various other techniques can help you create pins that have a standing of their own. Use these techniques to make a name for your brand in the market.
6. Find The Best Timing for Your Brand
Well, this is not just a superstition based on the cryptic words of a hermit but a reality backed with statistics.
There might be some specific hours when your pins will work better, engaging a bigger audience, and attracting more traffic. You have to explore and identify the optimum hours to upload your pins.
The best time of the day might depend on the niche of your business so make sure you find out the right timing and use it efficiently for your brand.
Ideally, the best time is Saturday mornings or Friday afternoon after 3 pm. The least effective time is naturally the normal working hours.
If you pin at the right time, you are more likely to generate more traffic and reach more people on the platform.
7. Make Sure Your Pins Have the Best-Looking Images
Pinterest Traffic interacts via images, this implies that the images you pin should be the best-looking ones. How can you create a good image for your pins? Here are a few things you can take notice of while designing your images:
- Make sure they are the right size: Most users view Pinterest on their mobile phones which, means your images should be on the longer side rather than wider.
- High-quality images: Tasteless, low-quality images will be a huge turnoff for the audience. You want to make sure that the people viewing your content are attracted to the images because that is how you will get more traffic from Pinterest.
- Add text: As we mentioned earlier, include optimized content in your image to help your pin rank higher in the search engines.
Remember Pinterest is a social site, so you have to socialize on the site to get more traffic from Pinterest. Follow similar brands, interact with pins that interest you, join a Pinterest group board, and share pins from others.
Use the Pareto principle, share 80% of the content from others and 20% of your own content. Socializing will help you:
- Engage with other brands in the same niche
- Build a community of likeminded people
- Market your business to people interested in the brand
All these things will help you promote your business and create more organic Pinterest traffic.
9. Consistency Is Key
Consistency is an integral part of any business. No matter whether your pins are generating traffic or not, you have to pin consistently.
Losing out on a single day can mean a lot of loss on your part. Pinning consistently will also help ensure viewer retention who otherwise might lose interest in your brand.
Do not let a dip in likes or repins bar you from posting content regularly. You have to keep your spirits high all the time and not lose heart to create and upload pins consistently.
One day or another, you will see improvement in the Pinterest traffic which will, ultimately, lead to more people customers for your business.
It’s A Wrap!
There you go. These were some of the best techniques we found effective in generating more Pinterest traffic.
With these techniques, you are all set to conquer Pinterest and get more traffic from the site.
Which strategy do you find the most effective? Is there anything we missed? Let us know in the comments below.
Till next time, Adios amigos.