In a digital world where trends come and go in a blink, it seems like PDF files are here to stay forever.
PDF Association says that “according to the detected MIME type as captured in the latest (July 2021) CommonCrawl database, PDF is the 3rd most popular file format on the web (after HTML and XHTML); more popular than JPEG, PNG or GIF files“.
Thanks to our ever-increasing dependence on electronic documents. There’s a chance you opened a PDF file only a few hours back. PDF files have seeped into our lives, and have made it so much easier, particularly when it comes to our professional lives. Be it reports, invoices, portfolios, resumes, greeting cards, or e-books, there’s nothing a PDF file does not support.
People like to use PDFs over word documents or paper files as they are portable, secure, easy to organize/edit/manage, convenient, device-agnostic — and of course environment-friendly.
Whether you want to convert PDF to Word file or convert word to a PDF file, a PDF tool can be a great asset for your organization.
In this article, we take a deeper look into the advantages of using a PDF tool in your organization or business.
Advantages Of Using an Online PDF Tool
Planning to invest in a PDF tool for your organisation? Here are some advantages you cannot overlook!
1. Packed with 20+ PDF tools
As an organization, you need a variety of PDF tools that cater to different situations. For example, convert PDF to Word or delete pages in a PDF.
PDF tools give you a whole suite of features, thus saving a lot of time. Here’s a list of features that come in handy with PDF tools;
- PDF Converter — to convert Word, PowerPoint, and Excel files to and from PDF
- PPT to PDF — to convert PowerPoint presentations to PDF documents
- PDF to PPT — to convert PDFs to editable PowerPoint presentations
- JPG to PDF — to transform JPG, PNG, BMP, GIF, and TIFF images to PDF
- PDF to JPG — to extract images from your PDF or save each page as a separate image
- Excel to PDF — to convert Excel spreadsheets to PDF documents
- PDF to Excel — to convert PDFs to editable Excel spreadsheets
- Edit PDF — to add text, shapes, images and freehand annotations to your PDF
- PDF Reader — to display, print, and share PDFs online
- Number Pages— to insert page numbers in PDF with ease
- Delete PDF Pages— to delete/remove one or many pages from your PDF
- Rotate PDF — to rotate one or all pages in your PDF
- Word to PDF — to convert Word documents to PDF files
- PDF to Word — to convert PDFs to editable Word documents
- Merge PDF — to combine multiple PDFs into one unified document
- Split PDF — to extract pages from your PDF or save each page as a separate PDF
- eSign PDF— to create your signature, sign your PDF and request people to sign
- Unlock PDF — to remove passwords, encryption, and permission from your PDF
- Protect PDF — to add a password to PDF and encrypt your PDF file
- PDF Scanner — to create a PDF with the help of mobile scans
Basically, a PDF tool fulfills all your PDF needs on one platform. No need to fret bout chasing different websites/software o accomplish different tasks.
2. Convenient and easy to use.
Most PDF tools have an intuitive interface. No need to log in or register anywhere. To sum it up, here are the basic steps to edit a PDF!
- Drag and drop your PDF document into the PDF Editor.
- Make edits as you wish, whether you want to add text, delete pages or convert to word.
- Apply and save the changes and then download the edited PDF.
Poof- that simple!
3. Web-based platform
PDF tools for organizations are fully web-based platforms, which means all essential functions will be done on their website in a safe and secure manner.No need to install or download any third-party software. Just visit their website, and start using the services you wish to use.
4. Industry-standard security features
Document and information security are critical when it comes to choosing a PDF tool for your organization. Reliable PDF tools are jam-packed with security features so that nobody other than you can tamper with the documents. Here is a list of security features you get when you invest in a top-rated PDF tool;
- GDPR Compliance. GDPR (also, General Data Protection Regulation) is a law by the European Union (EU) that covers privacy and data protection across EU and the EEA.
- CCPA Compliance. CCPA (also, The California Consumer Privacy Act) is similar to GDPR, however, it exists to shield not only the consumer but also their right to privacy.
- ISO/IEC 27001 Accreditation. According to its official website, “ISO/IEC 27001:2013 specifies the requirements for establishing, implementing, maintaining and continually improving an information security management system within the context of the organization. It also includes requirements for the assessment and treatment of information security risks tailored to the needs of the organization. The requirements set out in ISO/IEC 27001:2013 are generic and are intended to be applicable to all organizations, regardless of type, size or nature.”
- SSL Encryption. Secure Sockets Layer encryption is a unique protocol created for internet servers along with browsers to decrypt, encrypt, as well as authenticate the information that has been transmitted.
- Digital Signing. There has been a massive uptick in the rise of digital signing. Covid-19 further accelerated that growth. Organizations need to sign multiple documents daily, thus making digital signatures valuable. However, there has been an increase in cyberattacks as a result. A reliable PDF tool comes with a level of security (like authentication) that e-signatures do not come with.
- Digital Seal. A digital seal or an Advanced Electronic Signature (AES) comprises a Long Term Validation (LTV) timestamp. This allows users to certify a signature’s timestamp and rescind any document that has been compromised.
Hot tip: Make sure that the PDF tool you choose to invest in has all these security features because documents within an organization need the best security features available. Any document that has been tampered with or leaked can pose to be a big issue in the long run. Also, make sure that your country’s laws align with the security features offered by the PDF tool.
5. Ease of access, no matter the device or browser.
PDF has become a global standard for business documents because it is entirely device-agnostic and independent of the operating software. So, no matter the device, or browser you use, a PDF file will look the same across devices and browsers. However, when it comes to other formats like HTML, Text, and Word, the same is not applicable.
6. Unlimited document size.
Depending on the size and need of your organization you will possibly deal with hundreds, if not thousands of documents in a day. For that, you need unlimited storage options too. Top-rated PDF tools let you integrate with applications like Google Drive or Dropbox for file storage so you get secure storage options without any further hassles.
7. Searchable on the internet
If your organization is investing in SEO or search engine optimization then there’s some good news. PDF documents are SEO-friendly. Since PDF files are a de facto standard of documents and have a good reputation, Google is happy to make them easily searchable if they are integrated into any website.
8. Integrate non-text elements seamlessly.
Non-text elements like (e.g. images, hyperlinks, etc.) are supported by PDFs. Whether you want to create a fun-looking ebook, create a portfolio or an invoice PDFs let you maintain the layout of your choice. From a visually-pleasing layout to a minimal table for invoices, PDFs support it all. Furthermore, you can add links too that will directly open in the viewer’s web browser when they are viewing the documents, no matter the device.
PDFs are here for the long haul — invest in a PDF tool today!
Technology is advancing quickly, but PDFs are not going anywhere, thanks to their versatility, security features, and so much more. It is safe to say that PDFs are here for the long haul. An investment in a PDF tool today is sure to benefit you in the long run and provide your company with an incredible return on investment.
This is your cue to use PDF tools to organize, manage, and edit digital documents.