Windows time tracker has become a necessity with the transformation in the business world. remote work is becoming the new ‘normal’ for employees all over the world.
In view of the latest transition to remote work, companies need effective tools that can help them track their employees’ performance. Also, employees themselves must keep an eye on the time spent on each task to gauge their productivity and identify gaps in their performance, if any.
Enter Windows time tracker.
Windows time trackers are tools that help you track your time and point out distractors so that you can optimize your workflow and work on improvements. These tools are an effective way of enhancing your productivity and gauging your performance over time.
Now, when it comes to choosing a Windows time tracker for your work, you will find hundreds of options in the market, some good while others are just meh. So, how can you decide which one’s the best?
Don’t worry, we have got you covered on this one. In this article, we will be listing the best Windows time trackers for desktops together with their key features and pricing details. All you have to do is to read through this article to choose the one that suits you best.
Hop on, let start this journey!
Importance Of Time Tracking for Desktop:
You might wonder why time tracking is important?
Work from home has been a game-changer for people. It has fostered flexibility and autonomy in the work environment and ushered in a whole new era of work-life balance. Statistics report higher levels of job satisfaction and more productivity among remote workers.
More and more companies are offering remote work opportunities to their workers in light of the 2020 pandemic and a changing attitude towards work from home policy.
Despite all the benefits, remote workers are exposed to hordes of distractions that hinder their work. It has been studied that social media, smartphones, and binge-watching are some of the biggest distractions for employees working from home.
Additionally, while workers enjoy more freedom in the remote work environment, it is important to keep an eye on their performance to make sure they stay on track and accomplish their tasks without any unnecessary delays.
Time tracking for desktop allows you to keep an eye on your work, the time you spend on each task, and your overall work efficiency. Also, it is an effective way of identifying areas for improvement and making adjustments wherever necessary.
List Of the Best Windows Time Tracking Tools In 2022:
Here is a list of the all-time best windows/desktop time tracking software for Windows:
Harvest is one of the best time tracking apps for Windows. The app excels at time tracking as well as invoicing and accounting. It not only helps you track the time spent on a task but also, generates and sends invoices to your clients.
Harvest is an efficient time tracking time that monitors your time and creates visual reports. Visual reports help assess performance over time and pinpoint the loopholes so that you can make intelligent decisions to improve your work in the future.
- Easy to learn and use
- Allows you to start and stop the timer whenever you work or fill in the timesheet at the end of the day.
- Automated reminders make sure you track your time continuously.
- Multiple integrations with a variety of third-party apps
- Generates visual reports to make sure you stay updated on the performance of your team
- You can review, edit and approve timesheets for accuracy and insight
- Generates invoices from tracked time and expenses so that you can get paid quickly with Stripe and PayPal integrations
- Free – $0
- 1 seat
- 2 projects
- Pro – $12 per seat per month
- Unlimited seats
- Unlimited projects
Clockify is another excellent Windows time tracker with an intuitive interface. With Clockify, you can track your work hours across multiple projects and generate timesheets.
The app offers clean and attractive visual reports, these reports can be exported and shared with others in multiple formats.
- Let’s you stop and start the timer when you work. Also, you can enter work hours manually.
- You can easily log your weekly activities without any hassle.
- Offers visual time tracking for actionable insights
- The dashboard gives you a detailed view of where you spend time and what your team is working on.
- Reports generated include info such as, who worked on what and how much money you earn. You can also review your team’s time, and export the data.
- Besides tracking hours spent on each task, you can track time on projects, and keep an eye on progress and budget.
- You can also invite your team to track their attendance and the time they spend on different activities.
- 40+ integrations with multiple other tools for faster working
- Free – $0 forever
- Basic – $3.99 per user per month
- Standard – $5.49 per user per month
- Pro – $7.99 per user per month
- Enterprise – $11.99 per user per month
ActiveCollab has landed on number 3 in our list of the best Windows time tracker apps. ActiveCollab is a task management tool with advanced time tracking features. You can use ActiveCollab for your time tracking needs or track the time of your whole team to keep an eye on their performance.
The app tracks and measures your activity and generates reports to help you gain insight into the progress of a single task or the whole project.
- You can choose minimum time entry for a time record.
- Timesheets give you a quick overview of all the time records on a project.
- You can create invoices on the basis of the time tracked
- Allows you to create estimates so that you can efficiently manage the budget of your project.
- Time tracking reports give you an overview of time records across various projects.
- You can also find and filter all the time records that meet a predefined criterion.
- Free – $0
- Plus – $7.50 for three members
- Pro – $6.50 per member per month
ClickTime is another ace in the list of the top time tracking apps for Windows. ClickTime allows you to track time through your laptop or desktop. You can approve timesheets and also see reports to improve your team’s performance.
- Allows you to estimate project costs, review past performance, and identify who has not filled in the timesheet.
- Timesheets help you understand patterns, trends, and outliers so that you can analyze project, team, and employee performance and optimize everything.
- You can track any changes made in ClickTime to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations.
- You can export the timesheets to payroll or QuickBooks
- You can lock timesheets for approval, and confirm overtime hours, project budgets, and all costs.
- Starter – $9 per user per month
- Team – $12 per user per month
- Premier – $24 per user per month
- Enterprise – call team Clicktime for custom pricing
5. Toggl Track
Toggl Track is one of the most popular time tracking tools in the market. With over 5 million users, Toggl Track continues to reign the market with its advanced features and affordable pricing.
Besides time tracking, Toggl also offers planning and hiring tools to help improve work efficiency.
The software is used by remote teams to monitor their work by tasks. Users can create projects, assign resources to tasks, and create timelines and budgeting details. You can then, identify if your pace is right and whether or not you are completing your tasks on time.
- Easy to use
- Quick onboarding with an intuitive interface
- It generates insightful reports by aggregating data from all projects and users into a single dashboard
- Offer 100+ integrations for seamless working
- Send tracking reminders to make sure you track your work hours properly
- Good customer support
- Foolproof security
- Free – $0 for up to 5 users
- Starter – $9 per user per month
- Premium – $18 per user per month
- Enterprise – Custom pricing
Hubstaff is a Windows time tracker that offers a one-stop-shop solution for time tracking and time management. Hubstaff is one of the best tools out there with the number of active users exceeding a whopping 70k.
Hubstaff’s most unique feature is its tracking feature. This feature can be used by companies or PMs to track the location of their employees to make sure they are on-site and are working on the tasks assigned to them.
- Keeps a record of time spent on projects
- Team members can easily start or stop the timer whenever wherever they want
- Detailed timesheets give an insight into the working of your team
- GPS and Geofencing app help track employee’s location
- Helps keep track of billable hours for easy invoicing
- You can set budget or hours limit and get notification whenever you’re nearing the limits
- Free – $0 for 1 user
- Basic – $7 per user per month
- Premium – $10 per user per month
- Enterprise – $20 per user per month
Looking for Hubstaff alternatives? Check this out:
Rescue is an automatic time tracking app that helps you take control of your work. The app tracks the apps you use and the time you spend on each task and automatically logs the hours.
RescueTime makes sure that you stay focused on your work by helping you eliminate distractions from your work hours. With RescueTime you can limit the time you spend on a certain website. The tool guarantees improvement in productivity levels and is an efficient way of making sure you complete your tasks on time.
- Automatically tracks the time you spend on apps, websites, and even specific documents without timers or any manual entry.
- Provides detailed insights into your working habits so that you can optimize your work.
- RescueTime’s software FocusTime blocks distracting websites when you need to focus.
- You can set goals and get reminders to make sure you are progressing towards your goal
- Offer hundreds of integrations to keep your work hiccup-free
- Free – $0
- Premium – $12 per user per month
- RescueTime for Teams – $6 per user per month
Which one to choose?
You have to download time tracking apps to stay abreast with your teams working and the time they spend on tasks. The question, however, is how can you decide which one is the best for your business.
Well, there are a few questions, the answers to which must be kept in mind before you choose your pick:
- What, why, and when do you want to track the time of your employees?
- How much can you spend on the app?
- What features would be the most suitable for your company?
- Does the tool offer integrations with the tools you are using previously?
Once you have identified the answers to these questions, you can easily explore time trackers that offer the required features. You can then, download time tracking apps that are the most suitable for your work.
Time Tracking has become an integral part of remote work as well as work on-site. PMs have to monitor their employees to make sure they accomplish their tasks on time and are not lagging.
We have listed some of the best Windows time tracker apps of all time. Hopefully, the list will help you determine the best one so that you can make the right call for your business.
That’s all from our side.
Best of luck!
More Resources for you: