In this article, we will go through the top 11 invoice apps of 2023 along with their features and pricing for small-sized organizations.
Small businesses often find it difficult to keep an eye on their cash flow, research reports that 27% of small businesses have a hard time generating invoices.
Digital technology is transforming the world we live in and manual efforts are out of fashion in this world. Not only do they demand more effort but are also often riddled with errors.
HubSpot reports that over 50% of businesses already use invoice apps for their businesses. With the rise in the use of these apps and tools, it is expected that this industry will reach $17.4 billion by 2024.
Say goodbye to manually generating invoices, here we have compiled a list of the best invoice apps in 2023 that can simplify the billing process for you.
Since there are dozens of invoice apps, it can be difficult to find the best ones. We have curated a list of the best invoice apps to help you with this dull task.
List Of the Best Invoice Apps In 2023:
- Zoho Invoice
- Invoice Ninja
- Moon Invoice
- Invoice Simple
This invoice app was launched in 2002 for iOS and it has the best features to offer in the market. The app provides all the billing and invoicing characteristics from invoice management to scheduling appointments, and then tracking the expenses to finance management.
This app provides the best organizational features, it saves time and makes the creation and sending process of invoices professional by tracking all your invoices. This app is quite popular among freelancers, entrepreneurs, and small businesses owners because it generates detailed reports for your business performance as well.
- Sends invoices through emails, WhatsApp, or text.
- Allows you to generate customized templates according to your company logo and details.
- Helps independent contractors and dealers by evaluating invoices.
- Creates insightful and detailed business reports by using charts and graphs so you have a better understanding of your business.
- Estimates your expenses by tracking them and converts them into an invoice in a single click.
- Offers multiple and convenient methods to their clients for paying bills, accepts online and manual billing, and provides a track reminder to their clients.
- Schedules your appointments according to the situation and sends them to your clients.
- Free – 1 month trial for new users.
- Basic – $3.00 per month
- Standard – $6.67 per month
- Unlimited -$15.00 per month
Purposely designed to support small businesses in India. It is one of the best invoice apps to use in 2023 considering that it sheds the burden of manual billing and helps the business by showing a clear picture of assets and liabilities.
It helps to organize the business by offering many features, from tracking your stock status to easy billing. One of the best features of this app is that it notifies you about your low stack and it doesn’t require internet, it works offline as well.
This GST app is made to support small businesses such as departmental stores, pharmacies, mobile shops, and restaurants.
- It creates bills according to GST laws. Also allows the owner to print the invoices.
- Keeps a track of your stock and alerts you beforehand if your stock is on low, keeps a check on slot numbers and expiry dates.
- Keeps a check on your expenses including purchases, taxes, and more. Moreover, it optimizes the expenses by generating reports.
- Keeps you informed about payments you have to receive and what you need to pay.
- Generates delivery challan to attach them with consignment. It also converts the challan into bills so you can share it with your customers.
- Offers a variety of templates and themes of your choice.
- Free – Vyapar mobile app is available for free.
- Premium – Starts at $19 per user per year
3. Zoho Invoice
Zoho Invoice was launched in 2008 with an aim to provide businesses an efficient solution for billing and invoice generation.
The tool offers a variety of different features including, time tracking tools, recurring invoices, templates, and much more.
Besides offering a solution for invoicing and billing, Zoho allows you to manage your projects, keep an eye on the performance of your team members, set reminders, and much more.
Zoho Invoice’s digital tools allow you to sign invoices digitally to minimize the risk of fraud. You can also choose a payment gateway of your own liking.
- Helps organize your finances with expense tracker’s custom expense categories
- You can convert your estimates into invoices or projects. Also, offer the ability to add an expiration date to your estimates.
- Gather insights into your business with detailed reports
- Can deal in 140 currencies
- Makes communication easier with 14 different languages available
- Manage projects, track finances, visualize the progress of your team and so much more with Zoho’s project management solution
- You can keep the record of an item’s name, description, unit, etc. in the item list
- Free – $0 per organization per month
- Basic – $9 per organization per month
- Standard – $19 per organization per month
- Professional – $29 per organization per month
PayPal is clearly a winner on this list. Its popularity and efficiency overshadow every other app on this list. The app is mostly used for online billing.
Customers can save their credit card details and easily pay bills and invoices almost instantly.
To make your transactions safe and secure, the app keeps track of all your transactions and sends a notification whenever a transaction is made.
Invoices are sent to the email inbox of customers from where they can access and pay their invoices.
- Offers a variety of payment methods to its customers
- Sends notifications and alerts for every transaction you make
- Scans QR code to ensure the authenticity of an invoice. You can also generate a QR code for your company with PayPal
- Allows you to send money anywhere around the globe anytime you want
- You can also collect money from your friends and family in the Online Money Pool of the app
If you purchase in the US then it is completely free for you. In the case of selling, however, it charges 2.9% + $0.30 on every transaction.
Billdu is an invoicing app launched in 2013 for browser and mobile (Android & iOS). It allows you to create professional-looking invoices, estimates, delivery notes, and other documents necessary for succeeding as a freelancer or small business. With great reviews (4.8 out of 5 on the App Store, 4.7 out of 5 on Trustpilot) and affordable subscriptions, it is one of the best options on the current market.
Billdu is more than just an invoice maker. The app features an intuitive design, works across platforms, and offers numerous features to help you save time, including online booking, online store creation, and expense management. Combined with the fact your data will always remain synced and secure, Billdu allows you to run and scale your business anywhere and anytime you need.
- Allows you to create and edit professional-looking documents whenever and wherever.
- Offers template customization, including logos, brand colors, and signatures that will wow your clients.
- Let’s you accept card payments allowing your clients to pay you right on the spot – helping you get paid faster.
- Sends Automatic Payment Reminders when invoices are overdue.
- Helps you to track your invoices, so you know which invoices are paid or overdue.
- Tracks expenses – expense management and receipt scanner
- Sends created documents by email and notifies you when documents are viewed.
Billdu offers a 30-day free trial, no credit card is required.
- Lite – $3.99 per month
- Standard – $8.99 per month
- Premium – $16.99 per month
6. Invoice Ninja
Invoice Ninja is an open-source app co-founded by Shalom Shark in 2014. List pages and action pages are the two main tools of this app.
The list page offers summaries of transactions and invoice history while the action page is helpful in invoice activities.
One of the reasons for the tool’s popularity is its availability on cloud. With the help of this feature, you can sync your data scattered on different devices and platforms.
The app is specially designed for freelancers and small-sized businesses. The app notifies you whenever a payment is made. It also allows you to generate brand-specific invoices. The tool is relatively easy to use and that adds to its efficiency.
- You can generate recurring invoices for returning customers
- The client-side portal keeps a record of all the transactions with your company
- You can customize emails with specific subjects and body texts to seize the attention of your customer
- You can ask for client approval via Invoice Approval Checkbox or digital signature
- A library helps you see predefined services and products that can be added to the invoice with a simple click
- You can easily make reports with filters, groups, etc.
- Forever free – $0 per month
- Ninja Pro Plan – $10 per month
- Enterprise Plan – $14 per month
7. Moon Invoice
Moon Invoice was founded in 2009 and is an all-in-one solution for invoice and billing. The app can manage all the processes related to invoice generation, management, and much more.
You can design your own unique invoice with the help of the pre-built templated offered by the tool. To make sure that you do not lose your customer due to disagreements on currency, Moon Invoice converts currencies in your specified currency.
The app is suitable for businesses as well as vendors, you can also add multiple businesses.
- Generates recurring invoices for long-term customers and also sends alerts in case of overdue payments
- Coverts your invoice currency into various other international currencies
- Allows you to add unlimited businesses and generate unlimited invoices for them
- Offers 2 different signatures for customized invoices
- Account statements filtered in order of dates can be viewed and shared with customers and vendors
- Timer helps you log time
- Bronze – $4.14 per month for 1 user
- Silver – $8.33 per month for 1 user
- Gold – $16.67 per month for 1 user
8. Invoice Simple
Invoice Simple is a web-based invoice generating app purposely designed for small businesses and dealers. It allows you to make error-free professional invoices and sends the estimates to your clients on time.
Invoice simple is one of the best invoice apps to build small businesses because it avoids the hassle of paper invoices and allows you to send invoices digitally.
Moreover, it offers features like bill management, a built-in expense tracker through which you can easily manage to track your expenses and generate reports to manage the business finance.
- Keeps your income in check with its built-in report system.
- Multiple payment methods: online payment, cash, cheque, credit/debit cards.
- Offers customized invoice templates, set your template according to your wish.
- Quick in notifying, you won’t lose any track of your invoices and estimates.
- Automatically generates invoices through estimates with just a simple click.
- Time tracking facility to track your order in time.
- Free – Offers 3 invoices without any cost which it charges for a subscription lasting a month or year.
- Premium – Starts with $9.99 per month to $29.99 per year.
Bookipi should be your first choice if you are the owner of a small business. The invoice generating app was created by Tim Lee and is used in over 179 countries all over the world.
The app aims to help users save their time and efforts. Bookipi allows you to send alerts to your clients, export PDFs to ensure faster payment.
- In case of overdue payments, you can send a reminder to your client via Bookipi
- Offers a variety of different payment methods including Visa, PayPal, etc.
- Generated detailed invoice reports organized in order of months, items, or customers
- Strong customer support answers all your queries within 12 hours
- Keep a backup of your data on cloud
- You can ask your clients to directly sign on the screen or email.
Bookipi is available for free.
Manually creating invoices on paper is a tedious task. Save yourself from trouble with one of the best invoice generation apps – Invoicely.
With just a few clicks, you can keep an eye on billable hours and expenses. The tool is relatively easy to use. You can customize the invoice with the color scheme feature, add your company’s logo, stamps, etc.
- Allows you to accept payments from all over the world in any currency
- You can keep an eye on the time and expenses of the project
- You can add different roles for invoice management via Multiple Business Manager
- Offers an eagle-eye view of the activities in the company with reports detailing income, expenditures, and such.
- Specifies taxes and shipping details and adds them to the invoice
- You can create brand-specific invoices with customization options
- Free plan – $0.00 per month
- Basic plan – $9.99 per month
- Professional plan – $19.99 per month
- Enterprise plan – $29.99 per month
The last invoicing app on our list is Wave. The app was founded in 2009 and offers various financial solutions for small-sized businesses.
One of the most enticing features of this app is that it is available for free and offers features such as billing, accounting, and much more. You can also send as many customized invoices as you want.
Although the app is available for free, it is a bit lacking in a few features that need improvement.
- Offers double-entry accounting tool that helps you keep a record of all transactions
- You can view the status of your business with the Invoice Status
- Payments can be made via cards, bank payments, etc.
- You can customize your invoice according to the logo of your business
- For recurring clients, the tool offers credit card payments and recurring invoices
- Calculates tax before generating your invoice
- Keeps records and backups of all invoices
Wave is available for free.
If you are looking for efficient invoicing software for your business then these apps should be your first choice.
There are hordes of invoicing app available in the market, choosing the right one depends on you. Make sure you review the app before signing up for it.
What do you think about these apps? Let us know in the comments below.
More resources for you:
There is definately a lot to find out about this subject. I like all the points you made
Good post! We will be linking to this particularly great post on our site. Keep up the great writing
An impressive share! I’ve just forwarded this onto a colleague who has been doing a little research on this.
And he actually bought me dinner because I found it for him…
lol. So allow me to reword this…. Thank YOU for the meal!!
But yeah, thanx for spending some time to talk about this
matter here on your internet site.