Successful branding and marketing require you to be creative and organized round the clock. From idea to execution, the team leader is constantly on his toes. Whether it’s team collaboration, assigning tasks, or managing the budget, he needs to be present everywhere. However, the best marketing project management software will help you do that in a less old-school way.
You might be wondering how? Right? But before that let’s understand why do we need to have marketing project management software in the first place.
Need to have the Best Marketing Project Management Software?
Marketing is not only about getting the task done. It is more about reaching out to your audience and connecting with them. For that, you need to organize your ideas and thoughts into visual presentations. Agreed, right?
With the help of marketing project management software, you can do it effortlessly. It allows you to brainstorm, assign tasks, schedule, and track your project’s progress rate in a much more organized manner. Project management software allows overseeing your campaigns and marketing strategies remotely. Moreover, with the help of analytics, you can also report and analyze the loopholes in a project. This helps you to find room for improvement in your upcoming projects.
Thus, the need to have software is pivotal to run your projects in a much more effective and reliable manner.
How to choose the Best Marketing Project Management Software?
According to Karen Tate “Trying to manage a project without project management is like trying to play a football game without a game plan.”
Thus, if you are planning to make your next campaign a hit you need to make the best choice. So, here goes a list of the features you need to look for in your project management software for marketing:
- Support remote work
- Have integrations
- File sharing and attaching features
- Workload management
- Resource management
- Client and team management
- Time tracking and reporting
- Budgeting forecasting
In this article, we have shared a list of the top 12 picks of the best marketing project management software to use in 2022. So, don’t have to waste your time scrolling AROUND the internet infects just scroll DOWN!
12 Best Marketing Project Management Software to Use In 2022
The first one on the list of best marketing project management software is none other than monday.com.
Formerly known as ‘Da Pulse,’ Monday can be used for traditional project management purposes or modern-day marketing project management campaigns. Although both sound and feel like similar entities, we can assure you that the core campaign objectives are different in nature.
Hence, the scope creep factor and other aspects, such as project attribution, resources, and specific project management framework implementation, are implemented differently for marketing project managers. For instance, the DACI framework would have one project approver only, who he/she can help the entire team focus on one or two marketing OKRs at a time and keep the team moving forward.
To that effect, we’d say that as a marketing project management software, Monday is equipped with multiple tools to keep the internal team communication on point and ensure that the work is aligned with the overall project priorities set in motion.
- Set up multiple board views in one dashboard to organize team tasks and activities
- Monitor task assignees’ progress through dedicated dashboards and overlook timelines effectively
- Create and manage budget-related milestones on the go
- Set up scheduled messages as quick reminders if a task assignee is expected to fall behind
- Customized templates readily available from a wide variety
- Up to 25k integrations and support for 25k automation, functions to ensure that your go-to ‘GTD’ model is always working effectively!
- Offers a flexible pricing plan to suit not only startup business requirements but also scale large-scale companies accordingly
Monday.com offers a multi-tier pricing plan to accommodate business requirements of all sizes n’ shapes.
- Individual Plan: $0 for up to 2 users. Great for people looking to evaluate the software before purchasing a pricing plan
- Basic Plan: $8 per user/ per month. Comes with unlimited free views, unlimited items, unlimited boards, hundreds of different templates, various column types, and much more
- Standard Plan: $10 per user/ per month. Perfect for mid-sized teams. Offers timeline & Gantt views, guest access to invite stakeholders, combine 5 boards to create a dashboard, and hundreds of integrations and automation available.
- Pro Plan: $16 per user/ per month. Everything from previous plans is included, with the addition of time tracking, chart views, private boards, 25k automation, 25k integrations, and vice versa
- Enterprise Plan: Aimed at large-scale MNCs. Contact Monday’s official support channel for further information.
Creating client-specific and brand-oriented content is all that marketing is about. Asana is a powerful project management tool. It allows you to effectively manage tasks by scheduling and setting deadlines.
Asana has a wide variety of features that help to plan, execute and reflect on your marketing campaigns. Increase connectivity with your customers and brand awareness to achieve milestones.
- Allocate tasks and subtasks to your team
- Effective visualization with Kanban Boards
- Setting project timelines
- Break tasks into subtasks and task assignees to identify one solely responsible.
- File attachments
- Avoid duplication efforts by syncing tasks across projects
- Task dependencies for a clearer project overview
- Create your templates through custom templates.
- Integration with other apps for a smooth workflow.
- Basic-$0 free forever
- Premium- $10.99 Per user/ per month billed annually
- Business- $24.99 Per user/ per month billed annually
Marketing your brand as unique and creative isn’t a simple task. Hive as the name suggests is a home for all those busy bees to shape their marketing campaigns into success. It is not only a project management application but also a campaign management software.
Moreover, its wide range of features allows your team to manage, schedule, and collaborate on tasks in a flexible and organized way.
- Kanban boards, Gantt Charts, and calendars to plan and manage your campaigns
- Hive chat and Hive email to keep in touch with your team.
- Analytics and reporting to monitor team and individual performance.
- Tracking and timesheets to streamline projects.
- Risk management to mitigate or avoid any risks.
- Zoom, Zapier, Jira, and other integrations for additional flexibility.
- Hive Solo (up to 2 users) $0 – free forever
- Hive Teams Free trial or $12 –per user per month billed annually
- Custom Hive Enterprise plan
Converting your ideas into effective campaigns requires more than just jotting down your ideas. It requires planning, setting goals, and constant tracking. That is why we need the best marketing management software. Moreover, managing your marketing strategies and campaigns is way easier when you don’t have to switch between different software.
This is where nTask comes in. Undoubtedly, there is a lot of good marketing project management software but not all of them have all the essential features integrated into one software.
nTask allows you to run a brand-oriented campaign with proper ideation, workload, resource, and budget management. In addition to that, it also allows you to stay connected and in the loop with your team. Thus, increasing the collaboration and effectiveness of your next project.
- Kanban, Gantt charts, calendars, lists for visualization.
- Stay on top of the game by prioritizing, managing, scheduling, and tracking your tasks.
- Mitigate risks with a risk management tool
- Track issues and bugs effortlessly
- Track deadlines and project progress rate
- Customizable dashboard
- Available for both Android and iOS devices
- Multiple integrations with third-party tools
- Two-factor authentication to ensure full security
- Basic free plan
- 14-Days free trial for upgraded plans
- The premium plan starts at $2.99/month
- A business plan starts at $7.99/month
- Custom Enterprise plan is available
5. Zoho Projects
An effective marketing campaign should be broken down into tasks, subtasks, and checklists. Zoho projects allow you as a marketer to organize your campaigns in a more organized and flexible manner.
The feature that distinguishes Zoho from some other software is that it allows you to have a proper budgeting procedure for your campaign. Set solid timelines and execution strategies to get the results you desire with Zoho Projects. Use a structural approach and be the driver of your project with the best marketing project management software.
- Manage tasks with Gantt charts, task views, and setting dependencies.
- Customize projects with custom layouts, fields, templates, views, and statuses.
- Collaborate via email, chat, mention, feed, forums, and documents.
- Automate your campaigns with workflow rules, blueprints, business rules, and SLAs.
- Improve costs by invoice and budget planning.
- Maintain a schedule with timelines and calendars.
- Get deeper insight into the timesheet, issue, and task reports.
- Organize your budget with a project dashboard and budgeting forecast.
- Smoothly connect via Microsoft teams and Gmail plenty of other integrations
- 10 days free trial
- Free – For up to 3 users
- Premium-$5 user/month
- Standard-$10 user/month
Workamajig is designed especially for marketing agencies. It is multi-functional and customizable software that automatically tracks tasks and gets reports on project gaps and productivity. It is an all-in-one software with almost all the essential marketing project management software features.
Manage your budget, schedule, and tasks under one roof with Workamajig’s advanced integrated features.
- Track your activities with an activity dashboard
- Stay on the radar with alerts/notifications
- Collaborate and assign tasks
- Gantt and timeline view for better visualization
- Stay on schedule with project tracking and time tracking
- Report and analytics for reflection
- Milestone tracking
- Budgeting and expense tracking
- Entry Level: $50/month per user (5 users)
- Agencies: $38/month per user (10 users)
- Mid-Sized Agency: $34/month per user (50 users)
- Large Agency: $32/month per user (100 users or more)
Ever got stuck in a position where assigning tasks felt super easy but getting your team to do it on time felt like a Millennia? Well, that’s where Basecamp jumps in. It allows you not only effectively manage your camping but also to emphasize on-time project completion.
It is a simple-to-use tool for organizing campaigns, assigning tasks, and team collaboration. Thus, boost your marketing campaigns with full transparency and collaboration under Basecamp.
- Reusable project templates.
- Improved collaboration through file storage and sharing
- Prioritizing and timelines for tasks.
- Communicate effectively with message boards, Hey! Menu, to-do checklist and schedule.
- Client-side and email forwarding to keep your clients in the loop.
- 30 days free trial
- Basecamp Personal: Limited but free
- Basecamp Business: $99/month flat
Imagine software for your next marketing campaign that has A/B testing, a brand style guide, campaign tracking, portfolio management, and much more. Sounds overwhelming, right? Why not just click up for ‘ClickUp’?
It is one of the leading and best project management software for running effective and result-oriented marketing campaigns. It encompasses a wide range of features that allow you as a marketer to run your campaign using an organized, scheduled, and brand-oriented approach.
- Brainstorm and organize your thoughts using mind maps.
- Create real-time projects with collaborative editing using docs
- Gantt views for improved visualization and managing resources.
- A/B testing for campaign schedules, test variations, and much more.
- Brand style guide for branding your project under one roof.
- Assign tasks to one team or multiple assignees.
- Campaign tracking and digital product checklist to stay on the right path.
- Optimize your campaigns with inbuild templates for SEO, Campaign Tracking, and Graphic Design.
- Mobile app for better communication.
- Free-For individual and personal use
- Unlimited-$9 per member/ per month
- Business-$19 per member/ per month
- Business plan-$29 per member/ per month
It is useful for Task Management. Organize all your chores by importing them into Akiflow from various applications and tools. Organize your time by scheduling each task in the calendar tool. Akiflow can assist you in managing your time daily.
- Schedule time on your calendar to do things
- Notifications about upcoming tasks
- Create recurring tasks
- Include keyboard shortcuts
Hive is project management software that is quick, simple to use, and adaptable to the demands of your business. It is a good alternative for SMEs and large corporations due to its 1000+ app integrations and appealing team collaboration capabilities.
- Resourcing allows team leaders to precisely monitor the performance of each work assignee from start to finish
- Members can also access shared and many inboxes to access all project information
- Hive’s desktop and internet apps, as well as the mobile app, include extra productivity-enhancing features
- Updates are replicated across all project views, allowing everyone to work independently while keeping the rest of the team informed
- Tasks assigned to you across all projects display on your personal to-do list, which holds you accountable and helps you prioritize incoming tasks
- Hive Solo- free for up to two people
- Hive Teams plan- $12 per month for unlimited users
Slack as a productivity tool is ideal team collaboration software that integrates all of your team’s communications. It interacts with popular tools like Google Drive, Dropbox, and Box, to mention a few.
- Communication and teamwork
- Make a list of reminders.
- Highlight terms to receive notifications when they appear in a conversation
- By bringing together developers, programmers, and resources, code can be released quickly
- Resolve critical issues and automate your processes
- Work with all internal teams to coordinate
- Standard: $6.67 per month /user
- Plus:$12.50 per month/user
- Enterprise: Quotes are available.
12 . Loom
Loom has helped millions of people deliver their ideas through instantly shareable videos, helping to rethink workplace communication solutions. Clients include HubSpot, Square, Uber, GrubHub, and LinkedIn. Their goal is to assist everyone at work, communicate more effectively and develop in their professions.
- Video communication, video/audio management, video publishing, video streaming, and online video are all examples of video communication
- Enterprise and educational technology
- Remote work communication, remote tools, remote communication, and communication software are all examples of remote communication
- Starter: Free
- Business: $8/month per person
- Enterprise: Tailored to your exact requirements
So, these were our top picks for the best marketing project management software to use in 2022. You can make your next marketing strategy a hit with the help of any of the mentioned marketing project management software. Don’t hesitate to invest in something that can bring you a step closer to success. Moreover, if you already have experience using any of the marketing project management software, do let us know at email@example.com