Successful branding and marketing require you to be creative and organized round the clock. From idea to execution, the team leader is constantly on his toes. Whether it’s team collaboration, assigning tasks, or managing the budget, he needs to be present everywhere. However, the best marketing project management software will help you do that in a less old-school way.
You might be wondering how? Right? But before that let’s understand why do we need to have marketing project management software in the first place.
Need to have the Best Marketing Project Management Software?
Marketing is not only about getting the task done. It is more about reaching out to your audience and connecting with them. For that, you need to organize your ideas and thoughts into visual presentations. Agreed, right?
With the help of marketing project management software, you can do it effortlessly. It allows you to brainstorm, assign tasks, schedule, and track your project’s progress rate in a much more organized manner. Project management software allows overseeing your campaigns and marketing strategies remotely. Moreover, with the help of analytics, you can also report and analyze the loopholes in a project. This helps you to find room for improvement in your upcoming projects.
Thus, the need to have software is pivotal to run your projects in a much more effective and reliable manner.
How to choose the Best Marketing Project Management Software?
According to Karen Tate “Trying to manage a project without project management is like trying to play a football game without a game plan.”
Thus, if you are planning to make your next campaign a hit you need to make the best choice. So, here goes a list of the features you need to look for in your project management software for marketing:
- Support remote work
- Have integrations
- File sharing and attaching features
- Workload management
- Resource management
- Client and team management
- Time tracking and reporting
- Budgeting forecasting
In this article, we have shared a list of the top 8 picks of the best marketing project management software to use in 2021. So, don’t have to waste your time scrolling AROUND the internet infects just scroll DOWN!
8 Best Marketing Project Management Software to Use In 2021
Creating client-specific and brand-oriented content is all that marketing is about. Asana is a powerful project management tool. It allows you to effectively manage the tasks by scheduling and setting deadlines.
Asana has a wide variety of features that help to plan, execute and reflect on your marketing campaigns. Increase connectivity with your customers and brand awareness to achieve milestones.
- Allocate tasks and subtasks to your team
- Effective visualization with Kanban Boards
- Setting project timelines
- Break tasks into subtasks and task assignees to identify one solely responsible.
- File attachments
- Avoid duplication efforts by syncing tasks across projects
- Task dependencies for a clearer project overview
- Create your templates through custom templates.
- Integration with other apps for a smooth workflow.
- Basic-$0 free forever
- Premium- $10.99 Per user/ per month billed annually
- Business- $24.99 Per user/ per month billed annually
Marketing your brand as unique and creative isn’t a simple task. Hive as the name suggests is a home for all those busy bees to shape their marketing campaigns into success. It is not only a project management application but also a campaign management software.
Moreover, its wide range of features allows your team to manage, schedule, and collaborate on the tasks in a flexible and organized way.
- Kanban boards, Gantt Charts, and calendars to plan and manage your campaigns
- Hive chat and Hive email to keep in touch with your team.
- Analytics and reporting to monitor team and individual performance.
- Tracking and timesheets to streamline projects.
- Risk management to mitigate or avoid any risks.
- Zoom, Zapier, Jira and other integrations for additional flexibility.
- Hive Solo (up to 2 users) $0 – free forever
- Hive Teams Free trial or $12 –per user per month billed annually
- Custom Hive Enterprise plan
Converting your ideas into effective campaigns requires more than just jotting down your ideas. It requires planning, setting goals, and constant tracking. That is why we need the best marketing management software. Moreover, managing your marketing strategies and campaigns is way easier when you don’t have to switch between different software.
This is where nTask comes in. Undoubtedly, there are a lot of good marketing project management software but not all of them have all the essential features integrated into one software.
nTask allows you to run a brand-oriented campaign with proper ideation, workload, resource, and budget management. In addition to that, it also allows you to stay connected and in the loop with your team. Thus, increasing collaboration and effectiveness of your next project.
- Kanban, Gantt charts, calendars, lists for visualization.
- Stay on top of the game by prioritizing, managing, scheduling and tracking your tasks.
- Mitigate risks with a risk management tool
- Track issue and bug effortlessly
- Track deadlines and project progress rate
- Customizable dashboard
- Available for both Android and iOS devices
- Multiple integrations with third-party tools
- Two-factor authentication to ensure full security
- Basic free plan
- 14-Days free trial for upgraded plans
- The premium plan starts at $2.99/month
- A business plan starts at $7.99/month
- Custom Enterprise plan is available
4. Zoho Projects
An effective marketing campaign should be broken down into tasks, subtasks and checklists. Zoho projects allow you as a marketer to organize your campaigns in a more organized and flexible manner.
The feature that distinguishes Zoho from some of the other software is that it allows you to have a proper budgeting procedure for your campaign. Set solid timelines and execution strategies to get the results you desire with Zoho Projects. Use a structural approach and be the driver of your project with the best marketing project management software.
- Manage tasks with Gantt charts, task views and setting dependencies.
- Customize projects with custom layouts, fields, templates, views and statuses.
- Collaborate via email, chat, mention, feed, forums and documents.
- Automate your campaigns with workflow rules, blueprints, business rules and SLAs.
- Improve costs by invoice and budget planning.
- Maintain a schedule with timelines and calendars.
- Get deeper insight into the timesheet, issue and task reports.
- Organize your budget with a project dashboard and budgeting forecast.
- Smoothly connect via Microsoft teams and Gmail plenty of other integrations
- 10 days free trial
- Free – For up to 3 users
- Premium-$5 user/month
- Standard-$10 user/month
Workamajig is designed especially for marketing agencies. It is multi-functional and customizable software that automatically tracks tasks and gets reports on project gaps and productivity. It is an all-in-one software with almost all the essential marketing project management software features.
Manage your budget, schedule, and tasks under one roof with Workamajig’s advanced integrated features.
- Track your activities with an activity dashboard
- Stay on the radar with alerts/notifications
- Collaborate and assign tasks
- Gantt and timeline view for better visualization
- Stay on schedule with project tracking and time tracking
- Report and analytics for reflection
- Milestone tracking
- Budgeting and expense tracking
- Entry Level: $50/month per user (5 users)
- Agencies: $38/month per user (10 users)
- Mid-Sized Agency: $34/month per user (50 users)
- Large Agency: $32/month per user (100 users or more)
Ever got stuck in a position where assigning tasks felt super easy but getting your team to do it on time felt like a Millennia? Well, that’s where Basecamp jumps in. It allows you not only effectively manage your camping but also to emphasize on-time project completion.
It is a simple-to-use tool for organizing campaigns, assigning tasks, and team collaboration. Thus, boost your marketing campaigns with full transparency and collaboration under Basecamp.
- Reusable project templates.
- Improved collaboration through file storage and sharing
- Prioritizing and timelines for tasks.
- Communicate effectively with message boards, Hey! Menu, to-do checklist and schedule.
- Client-side and email forwarding to keep your clients in the loop.
- 30 days free trial
- Basecamp Personal: Limited but free
- Basecamp Business: $99/month flat
Imagine software for your next marketing campaign that has A/B testing, brand style guide, campaign tracking, portfolio management, and much more. Sounds overwhelming, right? Why not just click up for ‘Clickup’?
It is one of the leading and best project management software for running effective and result-oriented marketing campaigns. It encompasses a wide range of features that allow you as a marketer to run your campaign using an organized, scheduled and brand-oriented approach.
- Brainstorm and organize your thoughts using mind maps.
- Create real-time projects with collaborative editing using docs
- Gantt views for improved visualization and managing resources.
- A/B testing for campaign schedules, test variations and much more.
- Brand style guide for branding your project under one roof.
- Assign tasks to one team or multiple assignees.
- Campaign tracking and digital product checklist to stay on the right path.
- Optimize your campaigns with inbuild templates for SEO, Campaign Tracking, and Graphic Design.
- Mobile app for better communication.
- Free-For individual and personal use
- Unlimited-$9 per member/ per month
- Business-$19 per member/ per month
- Business plan-$29 per member/ per month
So, these were our top picks on the best marketing project management software to use in 2021. You can make your next marketing strategy a hit with the help of any of the mentioned marketing project management software. Don’t hesitate to invest in something that can bring you a step closer to success. Moreover, if you already have experience using any of the marketing project management software, do let us know at [email protected]